Saturday 8 November 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's (Or Not)!

Catching up with old friends is always fun - and for me, it usually involves food! Last week for example, I went for breakfast with some good friends of mine, one of which I hadn't seen for a good year!! (This seems crazy!)

A particular breakfast was recommended to me, so obviously I decided to order it. Who knew that pancakes and bacon don't really go that well together?! But besides a slightly weird and odd breakfast, the get-together was sooo lovely! The three of us spent the morning giggling and talking on and on on about what we were currently doing with our lives. When you miss a year, a lot seems to happen!!! Duh!

Obviously, I have gone through the stress of applying to uni and all that entails with that! But my friends are currently at the stage where they are deciding whether to go to uni or not, what to study and what units to apply for. I do not miss this at all! So, it was really exciting to hear that one of my friends got an offer from one of her top universities!! She did good! :)

It's quite surreal thinking about where we are in comparison to where we were. A few years back and I was still in school. Now I am a year away from graduating uni and my friends are currently applying to uni. Not too shabby really. Even if I am not necessarily 100% certain that what I am doing is what I want to be doing for the rest of my life, looking back does offer some peace. I can see how far I have come - and it gives me some motivation to keep plodding on! Ultimately, I guess it's about being content with where we are at whatever stage of life we are in (Philippians 4:11).

Eventually our breakfast date had to end. We all had to get home and get on with whatever we needed to get on with but not before we suggested a monthly breakfast get-together - which I hope we stick to (hopefully our schedules will allow it!). Friends are so important to keep close. We depend on them for so much and they become a huge part of our lives. Whenever I get to catch up with friends, it makes me truly grateful that I have them in my life! However, whenever the three of us go for breakfast or food again, there will most likely be no bacon/pancake combos for me!

Erin x

(thereislifeoutthere123@gmail.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment