Saturday 15 November 2014

Don't Let Life Slip On By


This song is one of my favourites! :) It has been playing a lot recently.

I have mentioned in previous posts about how I use music to decompress and relax after a long day. Pretty sure most of us do. Just sticking in the headphones allows us to zone out and escape reality for a little while! It can be beautiful - especially when you listen to great music! ;)

Anyway, the lyrics of this particular song stress the importance and necessity of living and not letting life just slip right past you. Part of the second verse goes as follows: "It ain't easy always looking back, but it seems these days that it's all I have. What hurt me the most is knowing what could have been." I feel that I can really relate to this!! I don't want to get older and suddenly look back over life and wish I had done more! I want to live a life I am proud of. "I want to leave a legacy. How will they remember me? Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough?" (Legacy by Natalie Nordeman).

It's easy to get lost in our daily lives. Be it with school, work, family or whatever else, but sometimes we overlook the beauty that is in our lives! For example, I have been pretty swamped with assignments and uni work these past couple of weeks. But, my sister still comes in from school and talks non-stop for a good hour!! And often this frustrates me because I am busy trying to get work done. But by doing this, I miss hearing about what she has learnt at school, the fact she needs to pick her GCSE options and discuss the subjects she could choose (I don't even know how she got this old!), or even who fell of their chair and had the whole class laughing! This song is a reminder that whatever I am doing, I need to make room for what is important in life - my family and friends!

Despite what I have been through, and I guess because of what I have been through, I want to have an impact and leave a legacy. I want my life to be more than just about me - I want it to help and inspire others, which is a main reason why I started this blog. There is life out there, and I don't want to let my life just slip through my fingers and wake up and realise I could have done more - I could have lived more!

Erin x

(thereislifeoutthere123@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment